Our flexible investment strategy is focussed on private equity but we are sector agnostic and opportunistic.
Deal size and structure
- Our typical equity cheque is in the region of £2m to £30m, with a ‘sweet spot’ of £5m to £15m
- We are not constrained by deal size and can invest as a sole investor, lead investor or as part of a syndicate
- We normally invest in deals with an Enterprise Value of up to £100m, although we can and do participate in larger transactions
- We do not invest, raise, or manage third party capital – we speak directly for the monies we invest
- We want to have influence and visibility on how our capital is invested
Stewardship of our capital is important, so we work with a range of high-quality advisers with skills and experience tailored to each transaction.
- MBO / MBI / BIMBO
- Growth / development capital
- Corporate carve-outs
- Balance sheet restructurings
- Minority or majority shareholding
We are happy to lead investments or support other financial sponsors on a deal by deal basis. We do not generally invest in start-ups or early stage businesses. Discover why you should https://www.souterinvestments.com/why-souter-investments/.
- We are sector agnostic and opportunistic
- We are open to investing in a number of sectors including business services, healthcare, telecoms, financials services, technology and industrials.
- We will not consider investments involving alcohol, tobacco, armaments, gambling or pay-day loan companies
For examples of the wide range of private equity transactions we participate in, please see our Investment Portfolio.